This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. To learn more, please read my disclosure policy.
These Baked Chicken Parmesan Meatballs are tender and full of all the flavors you have come to know and love about traditional chicken parmesan. You can enjoy them on their own, make them keto by replacing the panko breadcrumbs with all parmesan, add them to your spaghetti, meal prep them or make a meatball sub as I have done today! Let’s make them.
Ingredients needed to make this recipe
- Marinara or Traditional Sauce
- Panko Breadcrumbs
- Italian Seasoning Blend
- Ground Chicken
- Mozzarella Cheese
How to make Baked Chicken Parmesan Meatballs
Gently mix the ingredients together and using a scoop, place directly on a baking sheet. The mixture is very wet and not rollable, but that is what makes these so tender.
I broil them until golden brown (no parchment or silicone baking mat). They will not be fully cooked at this point, but broiling adds both color and flavor.
Add just enough sauce to cover the bottom of a baking dish, the the par-cooked meatballs and top those with more sauce. Sprinkle parmesan and mound shredded mozzarella over the tops.
Bake the meatballs in a preheated oven set to 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Allow to sit for a few minutes until it stops bubbling and garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
Among the many abovementioned serving options, I chose to toast hoagie rolls and make a chicken meatball sub. Be sure to give yourself a bit more of that sauce and enjoy!
Just look at that texture! This tender and juicy chicken meatball is achieved by very little handling and just enough panko to bind but not dry out.
Did you make my Baked Chicken Parmesan Meatballs? Leave me a comment below and let me know what you thought. You can also tag me with your photos on Instagram @aimee_stock I love seeing your creations 🙂
Baked Chicken Parmesan Meatballs
- Sheet Pan
- Oven Safe Baking Dish
- 1 jar Marinara or Traditional Pasta Sauce
- 1 lb Ground Chicken if you can find dark meat or even a combination or white and dark, they will be even more flavorful
- 1 large Egg
- 1 c Mozzarella shredded
- 1/4 c Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1/4 c Onion minced
- 3 tbsp Parmesan plus more for topping
- 2 tbsp Parsley plus more for garnish
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- dash Italian Seasoning Blend or to taste
- Preheat broiler and set aside a sheet pan.
- In a large bowl, add all of the ingredients and gently mix just until combined. Over mixing will make a tough meatball. This is not one to be rolled, but rather scooped onto the sheet pan.
- Broil until golden, about 7-8 minutes or so. They will not be fully cooked at this point.
- Add marinara or sauce to just cover the bottom of an oven safe baking dish. add the meatballs and top with a bit more sauce.
- Add parmesan and mound with shredded mozzarella.
- Bake for 20 minutes and cool slightly, just until the bubbling settles down. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
- Serve in toasted hoagie rolls with a bit more of the sauce. Enjoy!