This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. To learn more, please read my disclosure policy.
This Classic Peanut Butter Blossoms Recipe has been in my family for decades and it originates from an old Betty Crocker cookbook. Kisses are my chocolate of choice, but as we all know, nothing goes better together than chocolate and peanut butter. Am I right? This recipe differs slightly from my traditional peanut butter cookie as it is a bit more soft and tender. Let me show you how to make them! 🙂
How to make Peanut Butter Blossoms
Aside from the Hershey Kisses, I think the most important ingredient is the peanut butter. My personal preference is Peter Pan Creamy, but I truly feel you should use the one you enjoy best on its own.
Simply add the peanut butter to the bowl of an electric mixer along with butter, sugar, brown sugar and an egg. Beat until very creamy and smooth.
Next, add the dry ingredients. Those are flour, baking soda and baking powder.
Using a cookie scoop (*affiliate link), place directly into a bowl of sugar a few at a time.
Roll in the sugar and then after they are coated, roll in your hands to form a smooth ball. You can re-roll in the sugar again at this point if you’d like.
Place the rolled balls on a lined baking sheet (*affiliate link). I do four rows of three per baking sheet as they will spread just a little bit.
While the cookies are baking, unwrap all of the kisses (*affiliate link) and set them aside. The kisses are inserted after the cookies come out of the oven.
As soon as the cookies are baked through, place a kiss firmly into each cookie. Now comes the hard part. Waiting.
CHEF’S NOTE: Leave the cookies alone. The chocolate will melt but hold its shape. Then, as it cools and comes back to room temperature, it will become solid again. You must wait for this to happen before attempting to store them.
Once set, they are ready to enjoy! 🙂
Did you make Classic Peanut Butter Blossoms Recipe? Leave me a comment below and let me know what you thought. You can also tag me on Instagram @aimee_stock I love seeing your creations!
Classic Peanut Butter Blossoms Recipe
- Sheet Pan
- Parchment or Silicone Mat
- Cookie Scoop
- Hand or Electric Mixer
- 1/2 c Sugar
- 1/2 c Brown Sugar packed
- 1/2 c Peanut Butter creamy
- 1/2 c Butter softened
- 1 large Egg
- 1 1/2 c All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- Sugar for rolling
- Hershey's Kisses any flavor, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line two baking sheets with either parchment or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat softened butter, sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter and the egg until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in flour, baking soda and baking powder until a dough forms.
- Using a scoop, place dough directly into the sugar and roll. Re-roll in sugar after rolling to make a smooth ball and place onto lined baking sheets. No more than 12 to a half sheet pan.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges and bottom are slightly golden and the cookie is set.
- Immediately insert a kiss into the center of each cookie and do not attempt to move until the chocolate sets again. This will take awhile depending on the temperature in your home. Cool completely before storing or serving.