This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. To learn more, please read my disclosure policy.
Last Updated on April 27, 2023 by Aimee
This is The Best Creamy Chipotle Sauce Recipe and the only one you will ever need. Customize it to your desired heat level and use it on my Blacked Cod Fish Taco or my favorite copycat, Taco Bell Double Steak Grilled Cheese Burritos! The entire recipe is made in the bowl of a food processor and I like to keep it in a squeeze bottle in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. It is creamy, a bit smoky and as spicy (or not) as you want from those Chipotle peppers. Let me show you how to make it!
Ingredients you’ll need to make this recipe:
To make this recipe, you will need the following ingredients. They include:
- Sour Cream
- Lime Juice
- Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce
- Onion Powder
- Minced Garlic
- and Cilantro (or Parsley if you prefer)
How to make The Best Creamy Chipotle Sauce
This recipe is as simple as it gets! Everything gets added to the bowl of a food processor. Use one or two (or more) chipotles along with some of the adobo sauce to your personal spice preferences. If you are not used to spice, I think one is appropriate for most people. It’s always easier to add than to take away, so as with any sauce, taste as you go.
I like to process it really well. As you can see, I did leave some cilantro pieces in mine and when it came to using the squeeze bottle, that did present some challenges. I would also add that if you are wanting to use a squeeze bottle, I found it could be a bit thinner for that application. Feel free to use more lime juice to taste or even a bit of water to loosen it up. If you are spooning this stuff on your tacos or a burrito, I really love it thick and creamy.
We also used it for dipping tortilla chips. This is an all around great sauce with many uses.
The sauce will last refrigerated for about 5 days but if you are like us, it will never make it that long. It was so good, we used it on everything!
Did you make my recipe for The Best Creamy Chipotle Sauce? Leave a comment below and let me know what you thought. And if you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with a friend 🙂
The Best Creamy Chipotle Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 c Sour Cream
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Cilantro or parsley if you prefer it
- 1-2 Chipotles from a can of chipotles in adobo sauce, or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp Adobo Sauce from the can of chipotles in adobe sauce, or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp Garlic minced
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice or more to taste (or to thin the sauce)
- 1 tbsp Water or more, if you'd like a thinner sauce
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Paprika smoked paprika if you have it
- 1/4 tsp Cumin
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- Add all of the above ingredients to the bowl of a food processor with the standard chopping blade attached. Process until smooth, scape down the sides if needed. Add a tablespoon of lime juice or water to thin.