This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. To learn more, please read my disclosure policy.
Who doesn’t love Crispy Fried Zucchini Recipe dipped in ranch dressing? It’s my favorite go-to appetizer when I go to any restaurant and so I decided to make it at home. There is also a homemade ranch recipe in the card below in case you find yourself without any on hand. Super simple to make!
How to make Crispy Fried Zucchini
The first step is to wash and dry your zucchini, then trim each end. I halve the zucchini so my pieces will be about 3″ in length. Then slice in half lengthwise. Each of those should give you 3-4 “fries”.
We’re beginning with beating the eggs. The zucchini then goes into a bread crumb mixture made up of panko bread crumbs, Italian seasoned bread crumbs, parmesan, salt and pepper.
Create a breading station for yourself.
Working in batches, coat the zucchini fries in egg and then immediately go into the bread crumbs, pressing them onto the zucchini.
Bread each batch first before frying.
How to make homemade ranch dressing / dip
Whisk together the ranch dressing ingredients and refrigerate until ready to enjoy. It will thicken as it sits.
You’ll need the following ingredients to make homemade ranch dressing:
- Sour Cream
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Lemon Juice
Fry your second batch of zucchini fries.
Place on to a paper towel to drain any excess oil. They will also crisp up as they sit for a few minutes. They are really THAT easy to make 🙂
Serve with your homemade ranch dressing.
Did you make my Crispy Fried Zucchini Recipe? Leave a comment below and let me know what you thought. You can also tag me on Instagram @aimee_stock I love seeing your creations.
Be sure to try some of my other appetizer recipes. CLICK HERE…
Crispy Fried Zucchini Recipe
- Neutral Flavored Oil for frying
- Heavy Bottomed Pan for frying
FOR THE ZUCCHINI FRIES:
- 2 medium Zucchini washed, dried, ends trimmed, halved and cut into fries
- 1 c Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 c Parmesan finely grated
- 2 tbsp Italian Bread Crumbs
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 large Eggs broken up with a fork
FOR THE RANCH DRESSING:
- 1/4 c Mayonnaise
- 1/4 c Sour Cream
- 1/4 c Milk
- 1/2 tsp Parsley chopped
- 1/4 tsp Dried or Fresh Dill
- Garlic Powder to taste
- Onion Powder to taste
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Lemon Juice to taste
- Whisk together the ingredients for the ranch dressing and refrigerate until ready to use. It will thicken as it sits.
- Beat eggs in one dish and combine breading ingredients in another.
- Wash, dry and trim ends off zucchini. Slice in half and then in half again lengthwise. Finally, cut each half into 3-4 fries.
- Heat oil over medium high heat and working in batches, bread all of the first batch of zucchini, adding them to your pan. Do not disturb until golden. Then flip and repeat until all sides are golden and the zucchini is tender. I use the tip of a sharp knife to test them.
- Remove to a paper towel to drain and repeat with the remaining zucchini until all are fried.
- Serve with your homemade ranch dressing. Enjoy!