This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. To learn more, please read my disclosure policy.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. For more information, click here.
This Easy Doritos Taco Salad Recipe is always on my monthly meal rotations. You may have seen a traditional salad version of this, but I do things a bit differently. Today, I’m serving mine nacho-style, although you certainly could use lettuce as your base and dip into the salad with your Doritos chips.
The secret is in the sauce and there are three that you’ll need to make this recipe. A traditional taco seasoning packet, Catalina dressing and Taco Ranch Dressing. It’s the combination of these three along with using the Sweet Spicy Chili Doritos that make this so flavorful. I’ll link to all three below just in case you want to buy them online 🙂
How to make Doritos Taco Salad:
The first step is to brown the ground beef in a large non-stick skillet. If there is a lot of grease, you can opt to drain it, but I find when using an 80/20 ground beef, you won’t generally need to do this.
Next, add 3/4 cup of water.
To that, add your taco seasoning and black beans that you have drained and rinsed. I like adding the beans for added protein, but also because it’s a really inexpensive way of extending the servings of a dish.
Bring this mixture to a boil until the liquids reduce a bit.
While you are waiting, you can layer the Doritos on your serving plate and sprinkle with a light layer of Mexican shredded cheese.
Top with a layer of the hot beef and bean mixture.
Top with more cheese because…why not? 🙂
Follow with shredded lettuce and diced tomatoes.
Drizzle with the Taco Ranch and Catalina dressings.
Top with sour cream and serve immediately!
I really think you are going to love this one. It’s my personal favorite cheat meal.
Did you make my Easy Doritos Taco Salad Recipe? Leave me a comment below and let me know what you thought.
And if you enjoyed this recipe, please like, comment, share and PIN. I appreciate it so much.
Easy Doritos Taco Salad Recipe
- Non-Stick Skillet
FOR THE GROUND BEEF MIXTURE:
- 1 lb Ground Beef you could also use ground turkey or ground chicken
- 1 can Black Beans rinsed and drained
- 1 packet Taco Seasoning
- 3/4 c Water
FOR THE TOPPINGS:
- 1 c Shredded Mexican Style Cheese
- 1 c Iceberg Lettuce sliced thin
- 2 Roma Tomatoes seeds removed & finely diced
- Taco Ranch Dressing to taste, link in post
- Catalina Dressing to taste, link in post
- 4 tbsp Sour Cream or more to taste
- Parsley for garnish, if desired
- 1 bag Sweet Spicy Chili Doritos or other Doritos flavor of choice
TO MAKE THE GROUND BEEF MIXTURE:
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, brown the ground beef. Drain any excess oil.
- Add the water, drained black beans and the seasoning packet. Cook until the ground beef is done and the liquids have thickened. Set aside.
- Place a layer of Doritos over the serving plates. Top with a sprinkling of the cheese.
- Add some of the ground beef and another sprinkling of the cheese.
- Top with shredded lettuce and diced tomatoes.
- Drizzle the Taco Ranco and Catalina Dressing over this layer.
- Add a dollop of sour cream and garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.