This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. To learn more, please read my disclosure policy.
Last Updated on June 1, 2022 by Aimee Stock
I am obsessed with these Easy Korean BBQ Beef Bowls! Seasoned lean ground beef is cooked with onion, garlic and ginger before it meets up with BBQ sauce. If you can’t find Korean BBQ sauce, you can use your favorite BBQ sauce in a pinch! Served over white rice with a fried egg. Finally, I garnished with scallions and sesame seeds. You could also opt to serve a side of Asian slaw or Kimchi.
Ingredients needed to make Korean BBQ Beef Bowls
- 1 Ingredients needed to make Korean BBQ Beef Bowls
- 2 Seasoning for the beef mixture
- 3 How to make Korean BBQ Beef Bowls
- 4 Korean BBQ Beef Bowls
- Ground Beef
- Onion, diced
- Minced Garlic (or Garlic Powder)
- Grated Ginger (or Ground Ginger)
- Korean BBQ Sauce (it’s still VERY tasty if you use traditional BBQ sauce. I spiced mine up with Sriracha)
- Scallions/Green Onions, for serving
- Large Egg, fried sunny side up
- Red Pepper, julienned
- Sesame Seeds – white or black (or both)
- Cooked White Rice, for serving
- Sriracha – for serving
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
I begin with browning the ground beef with diced onions and julienned red pepper.
Seasoning for the beef mixture
The beef itself is seasoned with garlic, ginger, salt and pepper while it’s cooking.
How to make Korean BBQ Beef Bowls
Korean BBQ sauce would be best, but … supply chain issues … I couldn’t find it. Sooooo, I opted to use traditional BBQ sauce with a bit of Sriracha to spice it up a bit. It was just as tasty.
Keep the beef mixture warm while we finishing preparing the recipe.
Fry an egg, sunny side up and season well with salt and pepper. Take care not to fully cook the yolk, you want it a bit runny.
Add your beef mixture and cooked white rice to a serving bowl.
Top with you fried egg.
Garnish with a drizzle of Sriracha, scallions and sesame seeds. Serve hot.
I like to break the yolk and stir it in with my beef and rice. SO good! I really hope you give this one a try.
Did you make my Easy Korean BBQ Beef Bowls? Leave a comment below and let me know what you thought. You can also tag me on Instagram @aimee_stock I love seeing your creations! 🙂
Korean BBQ Beef Bowls
- Non-Stick Skillet
FOR THE BEEF MIXTURE:
- 1/2 lb Ground Beef
- 1/3 c Korean BBQ Sauce it’s still VERY tasty if you use traditional BBQ sauce. I spiced mine up with Sriracha
- 1/4 c Onion diced
- 1/4 c Red Pepper julienned
- Minced Garlic or Garlic Powder, to taste
- Grated Ginger or Ground Ginger, to taste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 Large Eggs fried sunny side up
- Cooked White Rice for serving
- drizzle Sriracha for serving
- 1 Scallions/Green Onions for serving
- sprinkle Sesame Seeds – white or black or both
- Cook the white rice and keep warm.
- In a skillet over medium high heat, add onion, red pepper and ground beef. Season with salt, pepper, garlic and ginger. Once cooked, add BBQ sauce (with a bit of Sriracha, if you'd like). Set aside.
- Fry eggs, sunny side up, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Add rice and beef to a serving bowl. Top with the fried egg.
- Garnish with a drizzle of Sriracha, scallions and sesame seeds. Serve immediately.