This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. To learn more, please read my disclosure policy.
Last Updated on May 21, 2022 by Aimee
Tacos are quite possibly one of my favorite foods and these Easy Taco Salad Meal Prep Bowls are perfect make-ahead or take to work meals! Just add taco sauce and sour cream. Let me show you how to make them.
Ingredients you’ll need to make this recipe:
- 80/20 Ground Beef
- Black Beans
- Yellow Onion
- Taco Seasoning
- Yellow Sweet Corn
- Campari Tomatoes (or other vine ripened tomatoes)
- Iceberg Lettuce
- Mexican Shredded Cheese Blend
- Cooked White Rice
- Chopped Parsley
- Taco Sauce
- Sour Cream
How to make Easy Taco Salad Meal Prep Bowls
You can make things easy on yourself and buy your favorite taco seasoning or make your own. Since we’re preparing a quick and easy meal prep, I am guessing you’d prefer a packet, but will include a recipe in the printable below if you’d like to make your own.
Brown the ground beef and add your taco seasoning along with 2/3 cup of water. Cook over medium high heat until thickened.
You’ll want to let this cool before adding it to your meal prep containers so that liquid absorbs a bit.
I’m using these Pyrex single section containers (*affiliate link)
You can arrange or layer your prepped ingredients into the storage container.
I added a little plastic cup of sour cream and of course, some taco sauce packets. I always save these when I go through the drive through. They are so handy 🙂
How to store the meal prep bowls
Make sure all of the ingredients are cooled before refrigerating for up to 4 days.
How to reheat the meal prep bowls
Remove the sour cream container and taco sauce packets before microwaving until the beef is warm. Top with your sour cream and taco sauce.
Alternate serving option
You can place taco scoops or chips in a resealable bag to take with you. I would simply omit the rice in this case and increase the portions of the beef mixture or other toppings.
Did you make my Easy Taco Salad Meal Prep Bowls? Leave a comment below and let me know what you thought. You can also tag me with your photos on Instagram @aimee_stock I love seeing your creations.
Easy Taco Salad Meal Prep Bowls
- Non-Stick Skillet
- Glass Meal Prep Containers with Lids
- 1 tbsp Oil for cooking the onions
- 1/4 c Yellow Onion finely diced
- 1 lb 80/20 Ground Beef
- 1/2 can Canned Black Beans drained and rinsed
- 1 packet Taco Seasoning more or less to taste, or you can make your own (approximately 2 tbsp give or take)
- 2/3 c Water
- 1/2 can Canned Yellow Sweet Corn drained
- 2 large Campari Tomatoes or other vine ripened tomatoes
- 1 c Iceberg Lettuce thinly sliced
- 1 c Mexican Shredded Cheese Blend
- 2 c Cooked White Rice for serving
- 1 tbsp Chopped Parsley for garnish
- Taco Sauce Packets for serving
- 4 tbsp Sour Cream for serving
FOR HOMEMADE MILD TACO SEASONING:
- 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Salt
- Cook white rice to package instructions. Cool completely.
- Whisk together the taco seasoning ingredients (if making your own).
- In a large saute pan over medium high heat, add oil and onion cooking for a few minutes until translucent. Now add the ground beef and cook until browned. Finally, add the taco seasoning and 2/3 cup of water. This need not be exact. Cool completely.
- While the beef is cooling, prep the rest of the ingredients. Garnish with fresh parsley.
- Layer the ingredients into your meal prep containers taking care not to forget the sour cream and taco sauce packets.
- Refrigerate for up to 4 days or until ready to enjoy. Remove sour cream and taco sauce packets, then microwave until warmed through. Top with the sour cream and taco sauce.