This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. To learn more, please read my disclosure policy.
Last Updated on August 27, 2022 by Aimee
This Olive Garden Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe was originally shared with People Magazine in 2017 courtesy of Olive Garden themselves. Today, we’ll recreate one of the restaurant’s most popular recipes. I’m adding grilled chicken and serving with my super soft and buttery copycat of Olive Garden Breadsticks.
Ingredients needed to make this recipe
- Fettucine Pasta
- Garlic (or Garlic Powder), optional
- All Purpose Flour
- Whole Milk
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Parmesan and Romano Cheeses
- Salt and Pepper
How to make Olive Garden Fettuccine Alfredo
While the pasta is cooking, add butter to a non stick skillet. If adding freshly minced garlic, do so here. Once melted, add the flour and cook for one minute. Add the whole milk slowly, whisking to combine. Follow with the heavy whipping cream. Simmer for about 5 to 10 minutes or until thickened.
Add the cheeses, salt and pepper. If opting for garlic powder, add it here.
While the sauce and pasta are cooking, you can pound a chicken breast thin, seasoning with salt, pepper, paprika and Italian seasoning blend. Add a bit of olive oil to a grill pan, then add your chicken. Grill on one side, then flip, taking care not to over cook. Allow to rest until the pasta is done.
Remove the pasta from the cooking water using tongs and place into the Alfredo sauce allowing some of the water to come with it. This will help loosen the sauce a bit.
Season once again with salt and pepper and add your chopped parsley, tossing well to combine.
Place the pasta in a serving bowl and top with your sliced grilled chicken. Garnish with a bit more parsley. Serve with my copycat version of Olive Garden’s Breadsticks.
It’s so good, you’ll make it again and again!
Did you make this Olive Garden Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe? Leave a comment below and let me know what you thought. You can also tag me on Instagram with your photos @aimee_stock I love seeing your creations 🙂
Check out some of my other COPYCAT RECIPES here…
Olive Garden Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe
- 1 Pasta Pot
- 1 Non-Stick Skillet
FOR THE SEASONED CHICKEN BREAST:
- 1 large Chicken Breast pounded thin
- 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Pepper
FOR THE ALFREDO SAUCE:
- 1/2 lb Fettucine Pasta cooked to al dente, about 14 minutes
- 3 tbsp Butter
- Minced Garlic OR Garlic Powder, to taste
- 1 tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 c Whole Milk
- 3/4 c Heavy Cream
- 1/4 c Parmesan Cheese shredded or grated, plus more for serving
- 1/4 c Romano Cheese shredded or grated
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1 tbsp Parsley chopped, for garnish
TO MAKE THE GRILLED CHICKEN BREAST:
- Place plastic wrap around one large chicken breast and pound to a thin, even thickness. Add a small amount of olive oil and season on both sides with paprika, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning, to taste. Preheat a grill pan over medium high heat and grill, flipping once, until fully cooked. Set aside to rest.
TO MAKE THE FETTUCINE:
- In a pot of boiling, salted water, add the 1/2 pound of fettucine and cook to desired tenderness. The box directions are usually 11-12 minutes, but cook to desired doneness as it will not continue cooking in the sauce.
- While the chicken and fettucine are cooking, let's prepare the sauce. Add butter to a non stick skillet and melt. If using minced fresh garlic, add, cooking for one minute before adding the flour. Whisking constantly, cook the flour for one minute.
- Slowly add the milk, whisking constantly to remove any lumps. Repeat with the heavy cream.
- Finally, off of the heat, add your cheese(s), salt, pepper and a bit of parsley stirring just to combine. If using garlic powder, you can add that now.
- Add the cooked pasta directly from the pasta pot to the sauce allowing some of the cooking water to come with it. This will help loosen up your sauce. Add more if needed.
- Sprinkle with a bit more salt, pepper and parsley. Serve immediately.