This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. To learn more, please read my disclosure policy.
I am about to share The Best Baked Beans with Bacon recipe you have ever tasted. Brown sugar is the key as it’s not only in the beans, but those shingled and peppered bacon pieces on top are also sprinkled with it. They become crisp and caramelized, practically melting in your mouth. I’m also cooking it on a sheet pan for more surface area to work with. I promise you’ll never go back. Let’s make this!
How to make The Best Baked Beans with Bacon
To make this recipe, you’ll need:
- About 28 ounces of Original Baked Beans (just the basic Bush’s Original *affiliate link for reference below, they are much cheaper at your grocery store)
- Brown Sugar
- Yellow Mustard
- Worcestershire Sauce
- and Garlic Powder
Give everything a good mix and then spread evenly onto a baking sheet that you have sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. For reference, this is a quarter sheet pan NOT a half sheet pan (*affiliate link below), but you can double the recipe to use a larger one. If you don’t have a quarter sheet pan, simply use a 9×13 baking dish.
This is one third pound of original bacon slices cut into about 1″ pieces. Keep in mind the bacon is raw and using anything other than the thinner original slices will take much longer to cook through.
Lay them in rows, but don’t overlap. Again, so the bacon has a chance to cook evenly.
I give the bacon a good sprinkling of freshly cracked black pepper and brown sugar. Not too much.
The end result is this caramelized show stopper. It’s sweet and savory, that pepper really comes through. It’s simply delicious!
Here’s a close up. That bacon literally melts in your mouth. I think you are really going to love this one. I hope you give it a try!
Did you make my The Best Baked Beans with Bacon? Leave a comment below and let me know what you thought. You can also tag me with your photos on Instagram @aimee_stock I love seeing your creations 🙂
The Best Baked Beans with Bacon
- 1 Quarter Sheet Pan OR 9×13 Baking Dish
- 1 Cooking Spray
- 2 cans Bush's ORIGINAL Baked Beans ~ about 28 oz total
- 1/2 c Ketchup
- 1/4 c Brown Sugar plus more for the topping
- 1 tbsp Yellow Mustard
- 2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Pepper plus more for the topping
- pinch Garlic Powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a quarter sheet pan (or 9×13 baking dish) with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Add the cans of beans to a mixing bowl (don't drain) and combine with the ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Spread the beans evenly onto the baking sheet and set aside.
- Using about 1/3 pound of original bacon (not thick cut), slice into one inch pieces and line them in rows on top of the beans.
- Sprinkle with additional pepper and brown sugar.
- Bake uncovered for about an hour or so. Then move to the upper rack and cook for another 15 minutes. The bacon should be cooked through, slightly crisp and caramelized.