This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. To learn more, please read my disclosure policy.
Last Updated on August 9, 2021 by Aimee
These Veggie Cream Cheese Tortilla Roll Ups are a party favorite, stuffed with any combination of fillings and any flavor of tortilla. Today, I’m using a flavorful spinach tortilla and filling with my own homemade veggie cream cheese.
Soften your cream cheese while you are prepping your veggies. I finely dice the cucumber, multi-color peppers, celery and onion and finely grated the carrots. Chop parsley and dill.
Add the veggies to your cream cheese.
And shredded cheddar cheese. I reserve a bit for sprinkling as I roll.
These are my favorite tortillas. Not sponsored, just love them 🙂 Feel free to use whatever you like. I sometimes do a mix of spinach and sun dried tomato tortillas. It makes for a really pretty presentation.
As I mentioned above, I reserve some of the shredded cheese for sprinkling, but you don’t have to. It’ll all get in there one way or another.
CHEF’S TIP: If your tortillas are stiffer, microwave them for a few seconds just enough so that it makes rolling easier. Mine were perfectly fine, but you want them pliable so that you can roll tightly. Tuck and roll as you go. If you get to the end and there is just too much filling, scoop it out for a clean seam.
Place the finished roll onto plastic wrap.
Roll and twist both ends tightly. This will help keep the tortillas compact until that filling becomes more stable. Freeze for about 30 minutes before slicing.
Just before you are ready to serve, remove the plastic wrap and slice. I find a serrated knife works best for this job.
Place on a serving platter, keeping cold until ready to enjoy!
Did you make my recipe for Veggie Cream Cheese Tortilla Roll Ups? Leave a comment below and let me know what you thought!
Veggie Cream Cheese Tortilla Roll Ups
- 1 c Vegetables (finely diced and/or grated) Such as: carrots, celery, onion, multiple colors of bell peppers, scallions, cucumbers (your choice)
- 1/2 c Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 4 oz Cream Cheese softened
- 1/4 c Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Herbs I used parsley and dill
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Pepper
- pinch Garlic Powder
- 3 Spinach and Herb Flavored Tortillas
- Soften cream cheese so it's spreadable.
- Prep all veggies, finely dicing the peppers, onions, cucumbers, celery and finely grating the carrots. Also chop the herbs.
- Combine the mayonnaise and shredded cheddar with the cream cheese, veggies and herbs.
- If your tortillas are too stiff to roll, microwave for a few seconds. Then, spread the veggie cream cheese in a thin layer over the tortilla.
- Roll, tucking tightly as you go. Place into plastic wrap, twisting the ends and freeze for at least 30 minutes before slicing with a serrated knife.
- Keep chilled until ready to serve.