This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. To learn more, please read my disclosure policy.
Last Updated on September 5, 2022 by Aimee
I have always been a banana bread fan, but when I tried this Brown Sugar Banana Bread, it quickly became my new favorite dessert! I think it might become yours too 🙂
The steps for the banana bread itself are pretty standard.
Begin with brown sugar (I prefer light brown in this recipe), eggs, vanilla and all-purpose flour.
Next add baking soda, baking powder, salt and melted butter.
Spread the batter into a quarter-sheet pan. If you don’t have this smaller sized sheet pan, just use a 9″x13″ cake pan.
Next comes the brown sugar topping and this is what sets the recipe apart from all others.
Bake until a toothpick inserted comes clean. Some of the brown sugar melts and caramelizes, some remains intact.
It’s moist and tender with some of that topping being a bit crispy. It’s so good!
That dollop of whipped cream is oh-so-necessary to complete my version of this recipe for Brown Sugar Banana Bread. I really hope you give this one a try!
Did you make this recipe for my Brown Sugar Banana Bread? If so, leave me a comment below and let me know what you thought. You can also tag me with your photos on Instagram @aimee_stock. I always love seeing what you come up with. As always, I SO appreciate your shares, PINS, comments and tags. It really helps the blog grow 🙂
Brown Sugar Banana Bread
- 1/2 c Butter melted and cooled
- 2/3 c Brown Sugar I used light brown sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- 3 medium Bananas OR just under 2 cups mashed
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 3/4 c All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/8 tsp Salt if your butter is UNsalted, increase this to 1/4 tsp
FOR THE TOPPING:
- 1/2 c Light Brown Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a small quarter-sized sheet pan with parchment. Use cooking spray first as it helps to anchor the parchment to the pan, making for easier distribution of the batter.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, add the bananas, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla. Give it a quick mix. It will still appear lumpy at this point.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Beat just until light and fluffy.
- Using an offset spatula, spread the batter in the prepared sheet pan.
- Top with additional brown sugar and bake for about 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes clean.
- Cool and serve with whipped cream.