This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. To learn more, please read my disclosure policy.
Last Updated on August 31, 2022 by Aimee
This Cranberry Orange Muffin Recipe is a holiday staple in our house! It originated from an old recipe card and was supposedly published in a similar form by Better Homes and Gardens. This recipe can also be made in a loaf pan if you prefer. The streusel topping adds a sweet crunch that make these muffins over the top delicious! Let me show you how I make them.
How to make Cranberry Orange Muffins
For the muffin, you’ll need:
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Orange Juice
- Orange Zest
- Vegetable Oil
For the streusel topping, you’ll need:
- Chopped Walnuts
- All Purpose Flour
- Brown Sugar
- Old Fashioned Oats
Sift together the dry ingredients, pressing out any lumps.
Whisk together the orange juice, zest, egg and vegetable oil.
Take this time to get everything prepared, including your chopped cranberries and walnuts.
Add the wet ingredient mixture to the dry and stir until well combined.
Fold in the chopped cranberries and walnuts. You can leave the cranberries larger if you wish. If you leave them whole, the muffins tends not to hold together as well.
Using a cookie scoop, place into a muffin pan lined with cupcake wrappers. I love using these scoops because the muffins all come out the same size. Here’s a few of the supplies I used (*affiliate links)
There’s just one more step and that is to prepare the streusel topping.
Using your fingers, distribute the topping among your muffins and give a sprinkle of coarse sanding sugar (*affiliate link). I love the look AND the crispiness of this topping.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 8-12 minutes (depending on your oven) or until a toothpick inserted comes clean. Allow to cool for just a few minutes so you can handle them, then remove to a rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
Did you make my Cranberry Orange Muffin Recipe? Leave me a comment below and let me know what you thought! You can also tag me on Instagram @aimee_stock I love seeing what you come up with! 🙂
Cranberry Orange Muffins Recipe
- Muffin Pan
- Cupcake Liners
FOR THE MUFFINS:
- 2 c All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 c Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 large Egg
- 1 tsp Orange Zest
- 3/4 c Orange Juice
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 c Cranberries chopped
- 1/2 c Walnuts chopped
FOR THE STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 1/4 c Old Fashioned Oats
- 1/2 c All Purpose Flour
- 4 tbsp Butter firm room temperature
- 1/4 c Brown Sugar packed
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- Coarse Sanding Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degree and insert cupcake liners in your muffin pan.
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk egg, orange juice, orange zest and vegetable oil.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until just moistened.
- Fold in the chopped cranberries and walnuts.
- Using a cookie or ice cream scoop, evenly divide the batter between 16 muffins cups.
- If you are using the crumble topping, evenly disburse that now.
- Lastly, sprinkle sugar or coarse sanding sugar over the top for a bit of crunch.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Serve either warm or room temperature with a bit of butter. Enjoy!