This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. To learn more, please read my disclosure policy.
Last Updated on October 30, 2021 by Aimee
This Easy Homemade French Bread Pizza is the simplest way to make your own pizza at home and with only seven ingredients, it’s ready in under 30 minutes! Made with store bought bakery-style French bread and topped with pizza sauce, two cheeses and pepperoni slices. For added flavor, I’m using an Italian herb seasoning blend. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley, slice and enjoy!
How to make Easy Homemade French Bread Pizza
I love using bakery fresh French Bread for this recipe but you can use any size or shape bread that you like. This one is firmer on the exterior, but super soft inside. When it bakes, you get crispy edges and nice chewy insides.
When it comes to sauce, I have to say, Pizza sauce is best. You could use a marinara or spaghetti sauce but this one tastes exactly the way it’s supposed to. Spread it liberally all over the cut side of the bread and be sure to go all of the way to the edges.
Why should I grate my own cheese?
This is one of those times that you need to steer clear of the pre-shredded cheeses. They use an anti-caking agent to keep the shreds separate. This also keeps the cheese from melting the way freshly shredded does. I just use a box grater for this. Mozzarella is the cheese of choice in this recipe!
LOTS of cheese gets piled on each slice. Don’t skimp or your will regret it later.
For another layer of flavor, I also sprinkle parmesan cheese on top of the mozzarella. You could use fresh, but this one works just as well.
Lastly, I like a sprinkling of Italian seasoning blend over top.
I kept it simple with sliced pepperoni, but feel free to get creative with your toppings. You could use Italian sauce, bell peppers, the options are endless!
What temperature should I bake them at?
Bake at 425 degrees until golden and the cheese is just oozing off of the bread. Top with freshly chopped parsley and enjoy!
I like to slice the bread but this is completely optional. These are the perfect bite-sized treat.
Doesn’t that look amazing? Crisp on the exterior, soft and chewy on the interior…it’s really delicious. I hope you give this one a try!
Did you make my Easy Homemade French Bread Pizza? Leave me a comment below and let me know what you thought.You can also tag me with your photos on Instagram @aimee_stock I love seeing what you come up with!
Easy Homemade French Bread Pizza
- Box Grater
- Sheet pan lined with aluminum foil
- 1 loaf Bakery/Artisan Style French Bread halved and sliced lengthwise
- 14 oz Pizza Sauce
- 8 oz Block of Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- 1/4 c Parmesan Cheese grated
- sprinkling Italian Seasoning Blend
- Pepperoni slices or other desired toppings
- Fresh Italian Parsley chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Half the French bread loaf and slice each half lengthwise. You'll get four French bread pizzas from one large loaf.
- Using a spoon or spatula, spread pizza sauce on the cut sides of the bread and be sure to go all of the way to the edges with it.
- Shred the block of mozzarella cheese and generously pile on top of the sauce.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. I generally estimate about 1 tablespoon per quarter, so about 1/4 cup total.
- Next, sprinkle with an Italian seasoning blend to taste.
- Finally, add the pepperoni slices or other toppings to taste.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden and the cheese is melting.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley and allow to cool for just a few minutes. Slice with a sharp knife, if desired.