This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. To learn more, please read my disclosure policy.
Last Updated on July 2, 2022 by Aimee
This Heinz Chili Sauce Cocktail Meatball Recipe is always a hit during the holidays! We have been making this recipe for as long as I can remember and not a Christmas goes by without these on the menu. For the ultimate shortcut, you can use prepared meatballs, but ours is much tastier and so simple. Baked in the oven rather than pan frying, they are ready in just minutes.
How to make homemade baked meatballs
The meatballs are made up of:
- Ground Beef
- Panko Bread Crumbs
- Minced Onion
- Fresh Parsley
- Worcestershire Sauce
- and a large Egg
Using a small cookie scoop, portion out 48 balls and roll them in your hands to compress them. Place on parchment or a silicone mat as I have here and bake at 400 degrees for about 20-25 minutes or until they are firm and no longer pink in the center.
Can I freeze the meatballs?
Yes! After the meatballs are cooked, place in a single layer in a freezer safe container until ready to use. Simply thaw or simmer in the sauce until heated through.
CHEF’S NOTE: These meatballs (without the sauce) work perfectly for spaghetti sauce.
While the meatballs are cooling, we can make the sauce.
How to make the sauce for our Heinz Chili Sauce Cocktail Meatball Recipe
What’s great about this sauce is that you can pair the chili sauce with any jelly, but we’re sticking to the original which is of course – grape jelly.
Over low heat, stir until the two are combined.
What to serve along with the meatballs:
View our recipe for Tuna Pate on RITZ Crackers (coming soon)
Did you make my Heinz Chili Sauce Cocktail Meatball Recipe? Leave me a comment below and let me know what you thought.
You can also tag me with your photos on Instagram at aimee_stock. I love seeing your creations 🙂
Heinz Chili Sauce Cocktail Meatball Recipe
- Small Cookie Scoop (or two spoons)
- Sheet Pan with Parchment or Silpat
- Non-Stick Skillet
- 1 lb Ground Beef I used an 80/20 blend
- 1/2 c Bread Crumbs I used Panko
- 1/3 c Onion finely diced
- 1/4 c Milk
- 1 tbsp Parsley chopped
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 large Egg
- 12 oz Bottle of Chili Sauce
- 10 oz Jar of Grape Jelly
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicone baking mat.
- Mix all meatball ingredients (except chili sauce and jelly). Using a small cookie scoop (or two spoons) portion out 48 balls and roll in your hands until smooth and compact.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until firm and no longer pink inside. Allow to set for a few minutes on a baking rack.
- Meanwhile, heat chili sauce and grape jelly together in a large skillet until they are well combined.
- Add in meatballs tossing until coated. Simmer uncovered until ready to serve.