I have been making this sauce and putting it on just about everything! But this Creamy Tuscan Chicken Recipe is by far my favorite. You can easily make it keto by serving over riced cauliflower instead of rice. This one is so stunningly beautiful AND delicious!
How to make Creamy Tuscan Chicken Recipe
The first step is to season with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning on both sides. I am using thin cut chicken breasts, but you can also slice a single breast in half and pound to even it out using a rolling pin.
In a skillet over medium high heat, add small amount oil and/or butter (I almost always use a combination of the two) and brown each side 3-5 minutes or until golden brown and no longer pink inside.
Set the chicken aside to rest. It will continue to cook as it sits, but we’ll also be giving it a bit more heat when it rejoins the sauce.
Meanwhile add heavy cream to the hot pan.
I love using Better Than Bouillon bases because you can make them more concentrated than any broth on the market. I typically add 2 teaspoons to 1 cup of boiling water.
Add to the cream once it comes to a boil.
Add the parmean.
Whisk until smooth and thickened slightly.
Next up are the chopped sun dried tomatoes.
And fresh spinach.
Once the spinach has wilted, about 2 minutes or so, add the chicken back to the pan along with any juices that may have accumulated on the plate.
Cook until the chicken is fully warmed through. If you are ever unsure, a kitchen thermometer comes in handy in cases like this. Chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees. After browning and resting the chicken, you should be nearly there if not already and therefore, this step is to simply reheat the chicken prior to serving.
This is what perfectly cooked and juicy chicken should look like. Melts in your mouth. I just love these thin cut pieces of chicken.
Did you make this Creamy Tuscan Chicken Recipe? Leave me a comment below and let me know what you thought!
Creamy Tuscan Chicken Recipe
- Non-Stick Skillet
FOR THE CHICKEN:
- 1 Chicken Breast sliced in half and pounded thin
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Butter
- 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- Salt & Pepper to taste
FOR THE SAUCE:
- 1/2 c Heavy Cream
- 1/4 c Vegetable Broth or Chicken Broth
- 1/4 c Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 c Onion finely diced. OPTIONAL (I didn't use)
- 1/4 c Sun Dried Tomatoes chopped
- 1 c Spinach
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Parsley for garnish
- White Rice OR Cauliflower Rice
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, add oil and butter. Season the chicken on both sides with salt, pepper and Italian Seasoning.
- Brown the chicken on each side for about 3-5 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a plate to rest.
- If you are adding onion, do so here and saute for about 3-5 minutes or until translucent.
- Add the cream, broth and parmesan. Whisk until combined.
- Add the sun dried tomatoes and spinach, cooking until the spinach is wilted.
- Add the chicken back to the pan along with any juices that may have accumulated on the plate. Cook until warmed through.
- Serve over rice or for a keto alternative, riced cauliflower. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately.