This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. To learn more, please read my disclosure policy.
Last Updated on December 22, 2020 by Aimee
This Easy Classic Lasagna Recipe comes together in no time. My layering method allows for easy slicing (without oozing of the ingredients) and also meal preps (and freezes) perfectly!
The sauce is simple. My recipe is coming soon, but this one is ground beef seasoned with salt and pepper and a jar of pasta sauce.
My cheese mixture is ricotta, 2 eggs, parmesan, salt and pepper. I also use shredded fresh mozzarella but separately and not mixed in with the other cheeses.
You’ll also need an entire box of lasagna noodles cooked to package instructions.
To make explaining my method easier (and there is a method to my madness :)), I figured I’d give you both a visual and text instruction.
What is in each layer?
Layer 1 = Meat Sauce
Layer 2 = Lasagna Noodles
Layer 3 = Ricotta Mixture
Layer 4 = Mozzarella Cheese
Layer 5 = Lasagna Noodles
Layer 6 = Meat Sauce
Layer 7 = Lasagna Noodles
Layer 8 = Ricotta Mixture
Layer 9 = Mozzarella Cheese
Layer 10 = Lasagna Noodles
Layer 11 = Meat Sauce
Layer 12 = Mozzarella Cheese
And here it is all ready to bake. I do not cover this, but if yours is very full, I would recommend placing it on a sheet pan to avoid any overflow dripping 🙂 Mine was fine and this is a 9″ x 13″ pan.
This Easy Classic Lasagna Recipe meal preps and freezes like a dream! I just added par-cooked broccoli. That way, when you defrost and go to reheat, the broccoli and lasagna will reheat in the same amount of time.
Did you make my Easy Classic Lasagna Recipe? If so, leave me a comment below and let me know what you thought. You can also tag me on Instagram @aimee_stock I always love seeing what you come up with. As always, I appreciate your likes, comments, shares and PINS. It helps so much 🙂
Easy Classic Lasagna Recipe
- 9" x 13" Baking Pan
FOR THE PASTA:
- 1 lb Lasagna Noodles cooked to package instructions and drained
FOR THE CHEESE MIXTURE:
- 2 c Ricotta Cheese
- 2 large Eggs
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 3/4 c Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 c Fresh Mozzarella grated
FOR THE MEAT SAUCE:
- 1 lb Ground Beef cooked
- 24 oz Jar of Pasta Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- Parsley for garnish
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Steamed Broccoli
- Boil the Lasagna Noodles to package instructions, drain and place on a kitchen or paper towel. You can use a small amount of oil to keep the noodles from sticking together, if desired.
- At the same time, brown the ground beef and drain off any excess oil. Add the seasonings and pasta sauce. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, take this time to combine the cheese mixture.
- Grate the mozzarella cheese.
- To assemble, place some meat sauce on the bottom of a 9" x 13" pan to keep from sticking. Proceed in the following order:Layer 1 = Meat SauceLayer 2 = Lasagna NoodlesLayer 3 = Ricotta MixtureLayer 4 = Mozzarella CheeseLayer 5 = Lasagna NoodlesLayer 6 = Meat SauceLayer 7 = Lasagna NoodlesLayer 8 = Ricotta MixtureLayer 9 = Mozzarella CheeseLayer 10 = Lasagna NoodlesLayer 11 = Meat SauceLayer 12 = Mozzarella Cheese
- Place in a preheated oven (400 degrees Farenheit) and cook for about 40 minutes. The edges should be golden and it should be bubbly all of the way to the bottom.
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes prior to serving. This allows for clean slices.
- Top with additional sauce, if desired.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Serve with steamed broccoli.