These Easy Mushroom & Spinach Egg Muffins and so delicious and come together in just minutes. It’s best to have everything prepped and ready to go. Waiting for them to bake is the hardest part! Let’s get started, shall we? 😉
How to make Easy Mushroom & Spinach Egg Muffins
The first step is to line a muffin pan with either cooking spray or these silicone liners. These are my absolute new favorite kitchen gadget. No greasing necessary and the egg muffins literally fall right out after baking. They are able to stand on their own and those little handles make picking them up a breeze. I’ll include a link below.
I used 5 large eggs which will yield 6 muffins. My secret ingredient? Dry mustard powder. If you don’t have it, use a small squeeze of Dijon or yellow mustard. It really adds to the flavor profile of the finished muffins. Don’t forget your salt and pepper at this point as well.
Minced onion is a must in my opinion. You could quickly saute if you prefer, but they do cook in the oven so there is no raw onion taste.
Your favorite white melting cheese is up next and I chose Monterey Jack for this recipe.
Time saver alert: sliced mushrooms in a can make this recipe pull together so quickly. If you are using fresh, slice and saute in a small amount of butter for a few minutes until softened.
I am using fresh baby spinach. You can just chop it and add it to your eggs. Again, you could pre-cook it to wilt, but it’s not necessary. The eggs spend nearly a half hour baking, so it will cook down. Just let it sit in the egg mixture for about 5 minutes to soften up a bit.
Lastly, to thin the mixture I added a small amount of milk.
Using a scoop or measuring cup, evenly distribute the mixture amongst six muffin cups. Do not over fill.
I like to make sure there is a mushroom showing on top show that when it bakes, it makes for a nice presentation. Totally optional 🙂
Here are the final muffins baked and cooled. If you are using these silicone cups, just turn them over and they come right out of the cups. If you are using cooking spray in a muffin pan, use a small knife to loosen if necessary.
Did you make my Easy Mushroom & Spinach Egg Muffins? Leave me a comment below and let me know what you thought. You can also tag me on Instagram @aimee_stock I love seeing what you come up with!
For other breakfast recipes, click here!
Easy Mushroom & Spinach Egg Muffins
- Muffin Pan
- Muffin Pan Liners
- Cooking Spray
- 5 large Eggs whisked
- 1 c Baby Spinach stems removed, chopped
- 4 oz Sliced Mushrooms (canned) drained. If using fresh, slice then saute for a few minutes cooling completely before adding to eggs
- 1/3 c Monterey Jack Cheese grated
- 1/4 c Milk
- 1 tbsp Onion minced
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a muffin pan with silicone liners OR spray with cooking spray.
- Whisk eggs, then add remaining ingredients stirring to combine. Allow to sit for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the spinach softens just a bit.
- Scoop into prepared muffin pan taking care to equally distribute, but not to over fill.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until set and a toothpick inserted comes clean. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.