This Easy Teriyaki Chicken Recipe has become one of my go-to dinners. It’s so simple and incredibly delicious. Serve with broccoli, white rice and of course, egg rolls.
In a non-stick skillet over medium high heat, add oil and chicken thighs that you have cut into bite sized pieces and tossed lightly with cornstarch.
Cook until the edges are golden.
Whisk together the ingredients for the sauce and add to the pan.
Bring the sauce to a boil and continue to cook until the sauce reduces and thickens. This is a personal preference, but I like it really thick.
The glaze should adhere nicely to the chicken and I’ve adjusted the sauce so you’ll have some left over for serving.
Serve with steamed broccoli, egg rolls (recipe coming soon) and a sprinkling of white sesame seeds and green onions, if desired.
I served mine over white rice which is traditional for this dish. Using chicken thighs makes for a really tender bite!
Did you make my Easy Teriyaki Chicken Recipe? Leave me a comment below and let me know what you thought!
And if you enjoyed the recipe, like, comment, PIN or share. It really helps me out a lot 🙂
Easy Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
- Non-Stick Skillet
FOR THE CHICKEN:
- 1/2 lb Boneless, skinless chicken thighs cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 tsp Cornstarch or Arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp Oil
FOR THE SAUCE:
- 1/4 c Soy Sauce I prefer low sodium
- 3 tbsp Brown Sugar I use light brown sugar, but either works
- 3 tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar you could also use apple cider vinegar if you don't have Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Mirin you could also use white wine if you don't have Mirin
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Garlic minced
- 1 Green Onion sliced, for garnish
- 2 c Broccoli steamed just until bright green
- White Rice cooked
- White Sesame Seeds for garnish
- Egg Rolls
- Begin cooking the white rice and steaming the broccoli just until bright green. Do not over cook.
- Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces and toss lightly in the cornstarch.
- Add oil to a skillet over medium high heat and stir fry the chicken until golden, but not completely cooked through just yet.
- While the chicken is cooking, whisk together the sauce ingredients.
- Add the sauce to the chicken, cooking until the sauce reduces and thickens.
- Serve the chicken over the white rice and place broccoli on the side, along with an egg roll if you have it.
- Garnish with green onion and white sesame seeds.