This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. To learn more, please read my disclosure policy.
Last Updated on December 22, 2020 by Aimee
A classic childhood favorite turned into my take on Homemade Shake and Bake Pork Chops. Using ingredients typically found in your pantry, this breading creates a crispy exterior while allowing for a moist and juicy interior. Side note – this also works just as well on chicken! Let me show you how to make it.
How to make Homemade Shake and Bake Pork Chops:
The first step is to make a dredging station which consists of an egg bath. One egg, salt, pepper and milk are whisked together. This will help our breading stick to the pork chops.
Speaking of that breading, I combined panko bread crumbs, salt and pepper, a seasoning blend (like Mrs. Dash original) and freshly chopped parsley.
I’m using thick cut pork loin today, but you could definitely use traditional bone-in pork chops in this recipe.
Place the pork into the egg mixture, season again with salt and pepper and coat thoroughly.
Then immediately place into the panko mixture, pressing to adhere. The pork goes onto a foil-lined baking sheet.
You’ll need approximately 24 minutes of cooking time, so if you decide to flip yours, do so at about the 12 minute mark.
At the same time, I am also roasting small sweet potatoes that I have washed and placed on another foil-lined baking sheet. You don’t need to poke with a fork, they just go on the sheet ‘as is’.
They bake at relatively the same amount of time (if you are using a thicker cut chop). If your potatoes are larger, you could give them a 10-15 minute head start before adding the breaded pork.
I’m also serving mine with a canned sauerkraut. I prefer mine without the caraway seeds, but either works.
Add a dab of butter to the sweet potato and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Garnish with a sprig of fresh parsley and serve immediately.
Doesn’t that look amazing? The flavor combinations really work well together.
Did you make this recipe for Homemade Shake and Bake Pork Chops? Leave me a comment below and let me know what you thought.
And if you enjoyed this recipe, please like, comment, share, and PIN. Your engagement with these posts really helps so much!
Homemade Shake and Bake Pork Chops
- Sheet Pans
- Aluminum Foil
- Aluminum Foil
FOR THE PORK:
- 2 large Thick Cut Pork Loin or 4 bone-in Pork Chops
- sprinkling Salt and Pepper
FOR THE EGG BATH:
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 c Milk
FOR THE SHAKE AND BAKE COATING:
- 3/4 c Panko Bread Crumbs you could pulse these in the food processor for a finer, more authentic look.
- 1 tbsp Seasoning Blend I used something like Mrs. Dash Original
- 1 tbsp Parsley chopped
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 4 small Sweet Potatoes with butter, salt and pepper
- 1 can Sauerkraut with or without caraway seeds
FOR THE PORK CHOPS:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Farenheit, line two baking sheets with foil and coat with cooking spray.
- In a shallow bowl, add the ingredients for the egg bath and give a good whisk.
- In a similar bowl, add the ingredients for the breadcrumb mixture. Stir with a fork to combine.
- Dredge the pork into the egg mixture and then the breadcrumb mixture, placing on a sheet pan lined with foil. Spray the tops of the breaded chops with cooking spray.
- Bake for about 24 minutes. I did not flip, but you could.
FOR THE SIDES:
- Thoroughly wash four small sweet potatoes and place onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake along with the pork until a fork inserts easily. If your sweet potatoes are larger, give them a 10-15 minute head start before inserting the pork chops.
- Place a can of sauerkraut into a small pan over low heat.
- Slice the tops of the sweet potatoes, season with salt and pepper and add a dab of butter.
- Serve the chops with one sweet potato and a spoonful of the warmed sauerkraut. Garnish with a sprig of fresh parsley, if desired.