This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. To learn more, please read my disclosure policy.
Last Updated on January 10, 2022 by Aimee
I’ve made several versions of this Olive Cheese Bread Recipe and it’s so delicious, I thought I would share it with you. It’s really simple, but makes a great quick appetizer. It all begins with a loaf of French bread…
How to make Olive Cheese Bread
The cheesy topping requires just a few simple ingredients, many you may already have in your pantry. They include:
- Spanish Olives, sliced lengthwise
- Kalamata Olives, sliced lengthwise
- Parmesan Cheese
- Mozzarella Cheese, grated
- Butter, softened
- Italian Seasoning, to taste
- and Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
I take a fresh bakery loaf of either French or Italian bread and slice in lengthwise. Today I’m only using half a loaf but feel free to double the recipe to use the entire loaf.
Line a baking sheet with foil so that the bread halves lay flat. This will become important once you put the topping on.
Divide the cheese mixture between the two halves. It will look like a lot but it will melt down.
We’ll be baking this at a fairly low temperature which will serve to melt the topping but not make the bread super crispy. It has a light crisp to it. Bake at 325 degrees for about 25-30 minutes.
Let this sit for a minute or two before slicing, that cheese is super hot!
Using a sharp knife, slice the loaves into manageable slices or squares, whichever you prefer. Garnish with a bit more fresh parsley.
This is such a great appetizer for a last minute get together or as a main course if you prefer.
Did you make my Olive Cheese Bread Recipe? Leave me a comment and let me know what you thought! You can also tag me with your photos on Instagram @aimee_stock I love seeing what you come up with 🙂
Olive Cheese Bread Recipe
- 1 Foil lined sheet pan
- 1 French Loaf sliced lengthwise and halved (double the filling if you want to use the entire loaf)
- 4 tbsp Butter softened
- 1/4 c Mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 1/2 c Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- 1/2 c Parmesan
- 1/2 c Pimiento Stuffed Spanish Olives sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 c Kalamata Olives pitted, sliced lengthwise
- Italian Parsley chopped, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Combine the filling ingredients.
- Spread the filling evenly between the bread halves.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Allow to cool slightly and slice into strips or squares.
- Garnish with freshly chopped Italian parsley.