This take on a Campbell’s classic, my One Dish Chicken and Stuffing Bake comes together in just under an hour. With just 15 minutes of prep, this is the perfect weeknight dinner. I always serve with my favorite brussels srouts in a light butter sauce. This is one delicious meal!
How to make One Dish Chicken and Stuffing Bake
The first step is to preheat the oven to 375 degrees and prepare a baking pan with cooking spray. Cut the chicken breast into 1″ pieces and place into the dish, seasoning with salt and pepper.
Combine the Cream of Mushroom soup, the Cream of Chicken soup and milk in a bowl and spoon evenly over the chicken.
You can either use boxed Stove Top or this one in a canister. You’ll need about 3 cups and simply sprinkle this over the soup mixture.
If you ever have the opportunity to use Better Than Bouillon (not sponsored, just a fan), I highly recommend it. You can adjust the strength of the broth and I just love the richness this adds. You simply add 1 teaspoon of the paste to boiling water and whisk until dissolved. However, any chicken or vegetable broth will work in this recipe.
Pour the hot broth evenly over the stuffing trying to coat as much of it as you can.
Using a fork, give the stuffing a light stir just to be sure it’s coated with the broth. We’ll do this again during baking. I bake for 30 minutes with a foil covering, remove the covering, fluff with the fork and bake uncovered for the final 10-15 minutes or until the chicken reads 165 degrees on a thermometer.
Give it a few minutes to cool before serving.
This is one of my go-to favorites. I hope you give it a try!
Did you make my One Dish Chicken and Stuffing Bake? Leave a comment below and let me know what you thought.
You can also tag me with your photos on Instagram @aimee_stock I love seeing what you come up with!
One Dish Chicken and Stuffing Bake
- 9×13 Baking Pan
- 2 lbs Chicken Breast cut into 1" pieces
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1/4 c Milk
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 3 c Stove Top Stuffing
- 1 1/2 c Chicken or Vegetable Broth HOT
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and prepare a 9×13 baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cut chicken breasts into 1" pieces and place into the baking pan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the soups and milk. Spoon evenly over chicken pieces.
- Sprinkle the Stove Top Stuffing over the soup mixture.
- Pour the hot broth over the stuffing mixture and using a fork, make sure all of the stuffing is coated.
- Cover and baking for 30 minutes. Fluff the stuffing with a fork. Bake uncovered for another 10-15 minutes.
- Test the temperature of the chicken with a thermometer. It should read 165 degrees. Allow to cool slightly before serving.