This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. To learn more, please read my disclosure policy.
Last Updated on August 27, 2021 by Aimee
As a side dish, you can’t go wrong with these Roasted Mushrooms with Garlic Butter Sauce. An essential and a classic, for a holiday…or any day! Shown here with our Garlic Butter Steak Bites. Let me show you how I make them.
What types of mushrooms work best in this recipe?
I prefer to use brown button or baby bella mushrooms for this recipe, but any mushroom will work here including white button. Cremini or baby bella typically have more flavor. Simply trim the stem and wipe clean. I prefer using a damp paper towel.
In a large bowl, toss the mushrooms with a neutral flavored oil, salt and pepper.
How to roast mushrooms
Place the mushrooms cap side up on a baking sheet and in a preheated oven, bake until golden. This should take anywhere from 15-25 minutes depending on your oven.
I prefer roasting the mushrooms because not only do they get an amazing flavor from this process, but they also retain a bit of texture which I love.
In a non-stick skillet, melt the butter and add minced garlic. Add the mushrooms, tossing to coat. I like to give them a minute or two just so the flavors can really get into the mushrooms.
The only thing that is left to do in this super simple recipe is to garnish with freshly chopped Italian parsley and enjoy!
Try serving these with our Garlic Butter Steak Bites for a really tasty keto-friendly main dish!
Did you make my recipe for Roasted Mushrooms with Garlic Butter Sauce? Leave me a comment below and let me know what you thought! You can also tag me on Instagram @aimee_stock
Roasted Mushrooms with Garlic Butter Sauce
- Sheet Pan
- Non-Stick Skillet
- 1 lb Brown or Baby Bella Mushrooms wiped clean and stems trimmed
- 1 1/2 tsp Neutral Flavored Oil
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Butter melted
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- Herbs such as thyme optional
- squeeze Lemon or Lime Juice just before serving optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees,
- Prep mushrooms by wiping away any dirt with a damp cloth and trimming the stem end. You do not need to remove the stem completely.
- Toss the mushrooms with oil and season with salt and pepper. Place the mushrooms on a sheet pan, cap side up. Roast until golden and tender. Do not flip.
- In a non-stick skillet, melt butter and add minced garlic. Toss with the mushrooms allowing to cook for just a minute or two to allow the flavors to get into the mushrooms. Serve immediately.