These Mini Sour Cream Cornbread Muffins are so incredibly moist and are best served warm alongside our favorite Classic Ground Beef Chili Recipe.
Feel free to use this same recipe to make full sized muffins or even in a pan. This should fill an 8″ square, but double the recipe if using something like a 13″ x 9″ pan.
How to make Mini Sour Cream Cornbread Muffins
The first step is to cream room temperature butter and sugar together until smooth. This allows the sugar to dissolve and lose that granular texture. A stand (or hand) mixer works best here.
Add one egg, beating just until incorporated.
Next, add the sour cream.
And the milk. Don’t worry if things aren’t coming together at this point. It will once we add the dry ingredients.
Speaking of those dry ingredients, you’ll need:
- All purpose flour
- Yellow cornmeal
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- and Salt
Mix until well combined and smooth.
It should look like this.
Line a mini muffin pan with mini cupcake liners.
Using a small scoop, evenly divide the batter. This recipe makes 24 mini muffins. Do not over fill.
Bake for about 8-10 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes clean. All ovens are different, so keep an eye on them. Allow to cool on a rack for 10 minutes, then remove from the pan and enjoy warm with butter.
Can I freeze them?
Absolutely! These freeze amazingly well. Allow to cool on a rack completely. Then place into a freezer safe container in a single layer. You can take them out one, two or more at a time and defrost.
The sour cream really makes these muffins super tender. It’s hard to eat just one!
Did you make this recipe? Leave a comment below and let me know what you thought!
Mini Sour Cream Cornbread Muffins
- Mini Muffin Pan
- Mini Cupcake Paper Liners
- Small Cookie Scoop
- 2 tbsp Butter softened
- 1 1/2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 large Egg
- 1/4 c Sour Cream
- 1/4 c Milk
- 1/2 c All Purpose Flour
- 1/3 c Yellow Cornmeal
- 3/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Baking Soda
- Beat softened butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric (or hand) mixer until smooth.
- Add the egg, sour cream and milk.
- Add the dry ingredients and beat until well combined.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and using a small cookie scoop, divide evenly amongst mini cupcake liners in your mini muffin pan. Do not overfill.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan slightly before removing to a cooling rack. Enjoy immediately, or cool completely and freeze in a single layer in an freezer safe covered dish.
- Serve warm with butter.