This Sourdough Turkey Melt Recipe is so simple and yet so incredibly flavorful. It’s a play on Denny’s Super Bird Melt and I really think you are going to love it!
Ingredients for Sourdough Turkey Melt Recipe
Just a few simple ingredients make up this sandwich. You’ll need:
- Sourdough bread
- Swiss Slices
- Turkey Slices
- Cooked bacon
- Salt & Pepper
- and Butter
The first step is to liberally spread mayonnaise on both slices of the sandwich.
Next up, a Swiss slice again on both pieces of bread.
Top that with a generous layer of turkey slices.
Cooked bacon slices are next.
And finally, slices of tomato. I like to season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Place the top on and give a light press.
I like using a softened, salted butter and spread evenly.
Add butter side down into a hot skillet and butter the top slice. I love this skillet (*affiliate link) because literally nothing sticks! I use it for everything.
Once you get a golden browned bread, it’s time to flip. Give the bread a good press.
Once the sandwich is golden on both sides, remove to a cutting board to slice.
Serve with pickles, waffle fries or chips and garnish with fresh parsley. Enjoy! 🙂
Did you make my Sourdough Turkey Melt Recipe? Leave me a comment below and let me know what you thought!
Sourdough Turkey Melt Recipe
- Non-Stick Skillet
- 4 slices Sourdough bread
- 2-3 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 4 Swiss Slices
- 6-8 oz Turkey Slices
- 1 medium Tomato sliced
- 4 slices Cooked bacon cut in half
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Lay 4 slices of sourdough onto a cutting board and spread each with mayonnaise. Top with a swiss slice.
- Add bacon and tomato, season with salt and pepper.
- Place the top half on and evenly spread with butter. Place butter side down in a hot skillet. Butter the top.
- Once golden, flip and give a good press. Remove to a cutting board to slice. Serve immediately.