This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. To learn more, please read my disclosure policy.
Last Updated on April 17, 2022 by Aimee
This Easy Cheesy Zucchini Squares Recipe is a summertime favorite in our house and we have been making it for just as long as I can remember. It’s made with Bisquick baking mix, shredded zucchini, parmesan and eggs. It’s a delightfully delicious side, I think you’re really going to love it.
This recipe uses Betty Crocker ORIGINAL Bisquick Pancake & Baking Mix *affiliate link below for reference only. It’s much cheaper in your grocery store. Look for it near the pancake mixes and syrups.
How to make my Easy Cheesy Zucchini Squares Recipe
While we have no recollection of where we first learned of this recipe, it comes from an old (and obviously very well used) clipping. It’s possibly from an old Bisquick cookbook, but the same can now be found on the Betty Crocker website called Cheesy Zucchini Bites. Different name, same recipe. I add additional parmesan to the top and omit the garlic. It’s too overpowering for my taste.
The recipe does need seasoning and for that, salt, pepper and seasoned salt are used.
I lightly whisk together the eggs, salt, pepper and vegetable oil.
Add to zucchini that I have shredded in a food processor. The recipe does not call for removing excess liquid from the zucchini and you’ll find it doesn’t need it.
I do finely mince the onion and chop the parsley by hand however.
The dry mixture is the Bisquick, parmesan and seasoned salt. It should be thick and creamy at this point.
Add the mixture to a 9×13 inch baking dish that you have coated with non stick spray and top with a sprinkling of parmesan.
Bake at 350 degrees until golden and the edges pull away from the sides of the pan. I also use a knife to test the center for doneness. You’ll want the knife to come out clean.
Allow to cool for a few minutes to make slicing easier. I love enjoying mine with a ripe tomato sprinkled with sugar. Like salt, sugar just brings out the flavor. We also used to serve these at summer cookouts with hot dogs, hamburgers, corn, you name it!
The leftovers should be cut and refrigerated. These reheat really well in the microwave.
Easy Cheesy Zucchini Squares Recipe
- 1 Box Grater or Food Processor with Grater Attachment
- 1 9×13 Baking Dish
- 1 Non Stick Baking Spray
- 3 c Zucchini grated
- 1 c Original Bisquick™ mix
- 1/2 c Onion finely diced
- 1/2 c Parmesan grated, plus more for topping
- 2 tbsp Parsley chopped
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Seasoned salt such as Lawry’s™ brand
- 1/8 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 c Vegetable Oil
- 4 large Eggs lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray bottom only of a 13×9″ baking dish.
- Whisk together the Bisquick, Seasoned salt and parmesan.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, salt and pepper.
- Finally, grate the zucchini and add the diced onions and chopped parsley.
- Combine until the dry ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until golden brown. Using a knife, you can test the center for doneness.
- Allow to cool slightly before cutting into squares.
- Cool and refrigerate any leftovers.