This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. To learn more, please read my disclosure policy.
Last Updated on January 30, 2022 by Aimee
I have been making this Chicken in Creamy White Wine Sauce for a very long time and it’s so delicious, I thought it was high time I shared it with you! I love one pot meals and this chicken bake is so simple to make, but with depth of flavor that will keep you coming back again and again. Serve over white rice. Let me show you how to make it.
How to make Chicken in Creamy White Wine Sauce
You’ll want to butter an 8″ baking dish to keep the chicken from sticking. You’ll thank me later as this pan washes up beautifully 🙂
Chef’s Tip: Shred your own cheese as pre-shredded cheese contains anti-caking agents which prevent it from melting.
Slice a chicken breast in half so they are they same thickness, season with salt and pepper and top with a generous amount of the cheese.
To make the sauce, begin with half a can of condensed Cream of Chicken soup. You’ll use the whole can if doubling the recipe.
To that, add white wine and whisk to combine. It will seem too thick, but don’t be tempted to water it down.
Place the sauce over the cheese topped chicken and give another hit of pepper. Do not add more salt.
We’re almost there! Top with uncooked Stove Top stuffing. You can also use any brand of dried stuffing mix. Drizzle with melted butter so that the stuffing is coated and moist.
Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165 degrees. Do not over bake. In fact, you can take it out at 160 degrees and rest for 5 minutes where it will come up to 165 degrees on its own allowing for a more tender chicken.
Allow to sit for a few minutes until the bubbling stops and then plate over a bed of rice. Garnish with fresh parsley.
Just look at that moist chicken! Yum. This is so good.
Did you make my Chicken in Creamy White Wine Sauce? Leave a comment below and let me know what you thought. You can also tag me with a photo on Instagram @aimee_stock I love seeing your creations 🙂
Also be sure to check out my other chicken recipes here.
Chicken in Creamy White Wine Sauce
- 8" Baking Dish
- 1 large Chicken Breast sliced in half
- 4 tbsp Butter melted, plus some for greasing the pan
- 1/2 c Cheese shredded (any melting cheese such as swiss, monterey jack, mozzarella, etc.)
- 1/2 can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 2 tbsp White Wine
- 1/2 c Stove Top Stuffing Mix
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Cooked White Rice for serving
- Parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and butter an 8" baking dish. Set aside.
- Slice the chicken breast in half and season with salt and pepper. Place in buttered baking dish.
- Shred the cheese and top the chicken with it.
- Whisk together the cream of chicken soup and white wine. Add to the chicken. Season with a bit more pepper (do not add any more salt).
- Finally, sprinkle with Stove Top Stuffing and drizzle with melted butter so that the stuffing is coated and moist.
- Bake, uncovered, for about 30 minutes or until a thermometer reads about 160-165 degrees and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve over cooked white rice and garnish with fresh parsley.