This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. To learn more, please read my disclosure policy.
Last Updated on August 31, 2022 by Aimee
This Easy Homemade Brownie Recipe features a cake-like texture and is delicious served with a scoop of whipped cream or ice cream. These brownies are light and airy, moist and fluffy – like a cake! I am a huge fan of the cake-like option on my favorite boxed mixes, so I decided to share a homemade version with you. Let me show you how to make them.
Can I use chocolate chips in place of baking chocolate?
You can, but they are not exactly the same. Chocolate chips contain stabilizers to help them retain their shape along with less cocoa butter. That being said, you may notice very slight differences in taste or texture, but you’ll still have an amazing brownie.
Baker’s Chocolate bars can be found in the chocolate chip area of your grocery store.
How to make Easy Homemade Brownies
Cream your softened butter and add the sugar. Beat until light and fluffy.
Add one egg at a time and beat until well incorporated.
Now it’s time for the remaining ingredients. You’ll need:
- Light Corn Syrup
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- All Purpose Flour
- and Baking Powder
Beat until well combined. Just look at that batter. It’s almost the texture of pudding!
Grease the bottom only of an 8″ square baking dish and evenly spread the batter. Add sprinkles if desired.
Bake until a toothpick inserted comes out clean and allow to cool completely before attempting to cut into squares.
I like serving with a bit of whipped cream to offset that chocolate and of course, garnish with a few more sprinkles, if desired.
Just look at that texture! Yum.
Did you make my Easy Homemade Brownie Recipe? Leave me a comment below and let me know what you thought. You can also tag me with your photos on Instagram @aimee_stock I love seeing what you come up with 🙂
Easy Homemade Brownie Recipe
- 1 8" Baking Pan
- 1 Cooking Spray
- 3 oz Unsweetened Chocolate Baking Squares melted in the microwave
- 3/4 c Sugar
- 1/2 c All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 c Butter softened to room temperature
- 1/4 c Milk
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 tbsp Light Corn Syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray bottom only of an 8" square baking pan.
- Melt the chocolate squares using a microwave in 1 minute increments at 50% power, stirring after each minute until fully melted and smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Cream butter and sugar using an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add one egg at a time, beating until incorporated.
- Next, add the milk, corn syrup and vanilla.
- Stir in the melted chocolate.
- Finally, add the flour and baking powder. Beat until well mixed.
- Evenly spread the batter into the prepared pan. Add sprinkles if desired.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes clean or with just a few formed crumbs. Do not over bake.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.