This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. To learn more, please read my disclosure policy.
Last Updated on August 9, 2021 by Aimee
These Low Country Boil Foil Packets are so easy to make and packed with flavor. Baby red potatoes, yellow corn, smoked sausage, and green beans are combined in an easy foil packet that you can bake in the oven or throw on the grill. Feel free to add shrimp if you’d like! I really think you are going to love this one 🙂
Ingredients you’ll need:
- Corn on the Cob
- Baby Red Potatoes
- Smoked Sausage
- Fresh Green Beans
- Old Bay Seasoning
- Peel and Eat Shrimp (OPTIONAL)
To ensure that everything cooks at the same speed, I par-boil the corn and potatoes. They won’t be fully cooked at this point and will finish in the oven. Remove to a plate.
I throw in the green beans to quickly blanch them. This locks in their bright color and gives them a head start on cooking. These need only 2-3 minutes. Remove to the plate with the other vegetables.
How to make the sauce
This is a good time to start the sauce and it’s incredibly simple. Melted butter seasoned with Old Bay, Paprika, Garlic, Salt, Pepper and Lemon Juice.
Distribute both the vegetables and the sauce evenly between the two foil pieces.
How to fold the foil packets
Bring the two long pieces of the foil together and fold into a seam. Then take both ends and fold several times to ensure they don’t leak.
You can flip once just before serving to redistribute the sauce or simply spoon it over after you plate the Low Country Boil. The meal can be served right from the packets! I high recommend a crusty bread for mopping up those flavorful juices.
Baking the Low Country Boil Foil Packets
If you have the grill fired up, feel free to throw these on it! I simply placed the sheet pan in the oven. Both work equally well. Be careful opening these – that liquid is boiling hot!
Did you make this recipe for my Low Country Boil Foil Packets? Leave me a comment below and let me know what you thought!
Low Country Boil Foil Packets
- Large stock pot
- Baking Sheet
- 1 ear Corn on the cob husked and cut into 1 1/2" pieces
- 7 oz Smoked Sausage cut into 1" slices,
- 3/4 lb Baby Red Potatoes boiled and halved
- 8 oz Green Beans trimmed and blanched
- 3 tbsp Butter melted
- 1 1/2 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice reserve remainder of lemon for serving
- large Shrimp OPTIONAL
- Parsley chopped, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and bring water to a boil in a large stock pot. Add salt.
- Remove husk and using a VERY sharp knife trim the ends off of the corn. Cut into 1 1/2" pieces. Add to salted boiling water.
- Wash baby red potatoes and add to boiling water.
- Meanwhile, trim and wash green beans. Also, slice the sausage into 1" pieces.
- Remove the potatoes and corn when just about tender. Add green beans just until they turn bright green.
- Prepare two large sheets of foil and distribute the ingredients evenly. NOTE: if you are adding shrimp, add them in now. Large peel and eat shrimp would yield the most flavor.
- In a small sauce pan, melt butter and add the following: Old Bay, Paprika, Salt, Pepper and Garlic. Distribute evenly over the vegetables.
- Fold the foil into packets and place on a sheet pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Carefully open (the liquid is boiling hot). Garnish with chopped parsley and a wedge of lemon. Serve immediately.